To build a website for your business you first have to answer this question: will you be selling products online in this website or is it just for branding, information and customer service?
If you plan on selling products in this business website you will have to use one the website builders that offers a shopping cart. You can find these website builders and our reviews of themunder the “website builder filter” (on the sidebar)- ecommerce website builder.
If you are not planning on selling anything online you can just go to our website builder reviews and choose your favorite between our top 3 or even 5.
I will though point out here the website builders that I think offer the best templates for a business website:
#1 – Volusion – They offer some really nice business templates. Each and every one of their templates look like it was designed by a true professional. You will certainly leave an impression on your users with their business templates. Click here to the full Volusion review. To try Volusion now click here.
#2 – Moonfruit – One of the most popular website builders.
They offer some great business website templates and you can build your own business site for FREE. Though unless you pay, you can’t use your own domain and you will have to settle for a moonfruit subdomain (yoursite.moonfruit.com). Click here to the full
moonfruit review. To try moonfruit click here.
#3 – BigCommerce.com – Is a website builder that specialises in online stores and
ecommerce. For you business owners who want to sell retail products online, that’s the place to start. They offer a free trial but their price is quite high. Still, if you are serious about your business, it might be worth it. Click here to the full
BigCommerce review. To try Bigcommerce click here.
You can also go to our business website templates
section and browse there through the vast amount of templates and choose the website builder you are going to use by first selecting the template you like best.
Here are some of the ones I like best:
Click on the image to go to the relevant website builder.
The top 6 design elements you want to have on your business website template:
- Logo image.
- Color scheme – should fit your target audience. If you are selling wheel chairs you don’t want to go with a black background template. On the other hand, if you are selling heavy metal merchandise a black background could actually be a good idea and something that will make you stand out.
- Advertising space – you might want to promote special deals on your site and for that you will need the banner space.
- Enough image space – these days and age most websites will show different type of images. As a business website you might want to show your staff, your products and a few trust signs for safe purchasing like Mcafee and etrust.
- Menus – one of the most important issues in a website and commonly one of the least addressed issues is navigation. You want to help your users find the content or product they are looking for as fast as possible but still make the site structure simple and easy. Before you choose a template try to create a mock-up using excel of what the menus are going to look like and what are you going to show in each page. That will save you a lot of head ache down the road when you might realize that the template you chose lacks of a menus.
- Buttons – There are a lot of online services that let you create just buttons but with the right research you can find a website template that its original buttons will secure great click through rate and top class call-to-action. A business website can always use a good call-to-action.
So find out best website builder or browse our website templates and build your site now!